AWG provides global operational advisory support to U.S. Army forces to rapidly transfer current threat based observations and solutions to tactical and operational commanders in order to defeat emerging asymmetric threats and enhance multi-domain effectiveness.
- Advise: Provide operational advisory support to Army formations across the range of military operations at the operational point of need.
- Scout: Inform the Army and identify capability gaps through global observation of the operational environment and emerging threats.
- Integrate: Develop, disseminate, demonstrate, and inform solutions in order to spark change within the fielded and institutional forces.
HOW AWG OPERATES:
- Gain Operational Environment context through first hand observations of the threat
- Utilize access to Army senior leaders to inform critical observations
- Link TRADOC to operational force
- Maintain global Army network (BCTs, DIVs, ACOMs, ASCCs, and USSOF)
The Asymmetric Warfare Group (AWG), headquartered in Fort Meade, Maryland, provides global operational advisory support to U.S. Army forces to rapidly transfer current threat based observations and solutions (TTPs) to tactical and operational Army commanders in order to defeat emerging asymmetric threats and enhance multi-domain effectiveness.
Our purpose-remains constant: To observe, assess, and integrate our observation back to the Army of friendly best practices and near-peer threat capabilities for increased analysis and coordination with our Army, allies and partners. Our operational advisors are globally aligned and deploy to complex operating environments to understand the current and emerging challenges to anticipate the character of future conflict. Our members are hand selected seasoned veterans that are developed through a vigorous training and selection process to ensure our individuals make relevant observations and analyses to transfer back to the tactical, and operational point of need in order to enhance the development and adaptation of our generating force.
AWG is the only operational unit within TRADOC with the capability and force structure able to engage warfighter across the globe and rapidly disseminate gained observations and information back to the operational point of need in order to enhance Soldier survivability. Given the threats and challenges ahead, AWG understands that a coherent vision of emerging threats is vital for the Army to retain our overmatch against all potential adversaries.
The AWG mission supports every warfighting function, but with key contributions to developing situational understanding; analyzing cross-domain maneuver for large scale ground combat operations; supporting security force assistance; providing adaptive capabilities to the institutional army; enhancing realistic home station training.